MTV Entertainment Studios unveiled its list of over 90 new and returning series across Paramount Media Networks, Paramount+, MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Smithsonian Channel, and Paramount Network on Wednesday, detailing a ton of content coming in 2022.
Following the massive success of Paramount’s Yellowstone, MTV is ramping up its scripted content, with the fifth season of Yellowstone coming alongside its prequel series 6666. Season 2 of Mayor of Kingstown, 1883: The Bass Reeves Story, 1932 (working title), Tulsa King, Land Man, and Lioness are also set to come to Paramount+ in the future.
On the animated side of things, MTV will continue to invest in various new shows, including the upcoming Andy Samberg-produced comedy series Digman!, the Daria spin-off Jodie, and both a film and series return of the iconic Beavis and Butt-Head. Reality shows are also set to receive a big boost from MTV, with its “Shores” series set to see two new entries in the form of Buckhead Shore and Jersey Shore 2.0 (working title), a continuation of the iconic Jersey Shore that sees an all-new group of roommates head to Jersey.
For a full look at the new and returning series coming from MTV Entertainment Studios, check out below:
New MTV series:
- Buckhead Shore – The shore franchise heads to Buckhead, Georgia to follow the interpersonal lives of a group of friends making a name for themselves in the “Beverly Hills of the South” as they escape their everyday life and head to the lake shore to let loose.
- Dating at Sea (working title) – Daters from all over the world board the ultimate singles cruise, but what they don’t know is there’s a major barrier to finding love – the language barrier, because no one on board speaks the same language. Who will find international love while sailing through international waters?
- Love at First Lie: Who’s A Couple And Who’s A Con – Think you can spot a liar? Play along as couples go head-to-head to uncover who among them are in a genuine relationship and who’s faking their love to con others out of the cash prize.
- Jersey Shore 2.0 (working title) – It’s been 13 years since the iconic cast of Jersey Shore fist-pumped their way into our lives and stole our hearts. Now, the time-honored tradition continues with a new group of roommates moving into their own Shore house. They may have traded their poofs for plumped pouts and UV rays for spray tans, but when things heat up in Jersey, the Shore is still the place to be to make memories all summer long.
- Power Game (working title) – In this extreme social experiment that exposes how money, class, greed and power corrupt, 13 strangers are given absolute power to control the lives of those around them. Their morality will be put to the test as they try to get ahead by any means necessary – deception, manipulation, conspiracy – in hopes of taking home a cash prize. How far will these players go to win?
- The Surreal Life – Eight unexpected, hand-selected stars are given a non-transferable golden ticket to a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that money can’t buy. In this reimagined revival of the smash-hit VH1 series, celebrities will embark on a Surreal Journey that pushes them to leave their personas aside and reveal their true nature in unexpected ways.
- Teen Mom: The Next Chapter (working title) – The casts of Teen Mom OG and Teen Mom 2 are each currently in different stages of motherhood – some have kids in diapers, while others are now parenting teenagers! But they all share the unique experience of momming so young. For the first time, the moms and all their stories will be brought together in one supersized series that focuses on the unique bond this “Mom Group” shares as they face the reality of parenthood and adulting while entering this next phase of life together.
Returning MTV series:
- The Challenge
- MTV’s Catfish: The TV Show
- Help! I’m in a Secret Relationship!
- Jersey Shore Family Vacation
- Siesta Key
- Teen Mom Young & Pregnant
- Teen Mom Girls Night In
- Teen Mom: Family Reunion
New VH1 series:
- Hall of Love: The Ultimate Dating Experience – In this new dating experiment, we’ll bring the choices and excitement of dating apps to life! Three single best friends will enter a literal “hall” of eligible men, who are all ready to commit. Inside this dating utopia, the women are in control as they search for real love. But they quickly realize having too many ideal choices is harder than it seems. In the end, they’ll have to answer the question, “If you’re offered everything you want…will you ultimately choose what you need?”
- Shaunie & Keion’s Wedding Special (working title) – The Basketball Wife will become a pastor’s wife on the sunny shores of Anguilla as Shaunie embarks on a second chance at love with Pastor Keion Henderson. This special series will follow the happy couple – along with their closest friends and family members – as they prepare for their destination wedding and the blending of their beautiful families. Along the way, they will juggle business demands, stewardship of a 15,000-member congregation, and, before God, arrive at the most special moment in a couple’s life: saying I do.
- VH1’s Unfaithful: Caught in The Act – is an investigative series that sets out to help suspicious lovers catch their cheating partners in the act. Once the evidence is collected, the suspicious lover can choose to team up with their partner’s other lover or take them both down in an undercover ambush.
Returning VH1 series:
- Basketball Wives
- Black Ink Crew Chicago
- Black Ink Crew Compton
- Black Ink Crew New York
- VH1’s Couples Retreat
- Infamy: When Fame Turns Deadly
- Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta
- Love & Hip Hop: Girls Night In
- Love & Hip Hop: Miami
- My True Crime Story
- Wild ‘N Out
New Comedy Central series/movies:
- DIGMAN! – An adult animated adventure comedy series set in a world where archaeologists are cooler than rock stars.
- Inside Amy Schumer – The Peabody, Emmy and Writers Guild Award-winning franchise returns with its fifth season starring Amy Schumer, one of the entertainment industry’s leading forces as a stand-up comedian, actress, writer, producer and director.
- Jodie – A spinoff film of the cult classic Daria, follows Jodie Landon as she leaves college, moves to a gentrifying city and begins a job at Firstfinity, a mysterious Google-like tech company.
- Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out The News (working title) – The Emmy and Critics’ Choice Award-nominated animated show is a first-of-its-kind original series that features a cast of animated characters lampooning top news stories and interviewing real-world guests.
- The New Kings & Queens of Comedy – The Original Kings of Comedy and The Queens of Comedy were legendary, era-defining movies. Now the biggest brand in stand-up comedy is back with a new unscripted competition series that follows 10 dynamic comedians on their journey as they compete to be crowned the New King or Queen of Comedy. Their triumphs and travails–on the clock and off–as our judges winnow the field for an electric coronation finale.
- Out of Office (film) (working title) – An ensemble comedy about the blurring lines between working from home and would-be/should-be private life. The story centers on a young woman who finds that keeping her job is somehow tied to helping her boss navigate his fast-failing marriage.
Returning Comedy Central series:
- Awkwafina is Nora From Queens
- Crank Yankers
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- Tha God’s Honest Truth with Charlamagne tha God
- South Park
New Paramount Network series and miniseries:
- 6666 – Founded when Comanches still ruled West Texas, no ranch in America is more steeped in the history of the West than the 6666. Still operating as it did two centuries before, and encompassing an entire county, the 6666 has inspired a new scripted series where the rule of law and the laws of nature merge in a place where the most dangerous thing one does is the next thing. The 6666 is synonymous with the merciless endeavor to raise the finest horses and livestock in the world, and ultimately where world-class cowboys are born and made.
- American Tragedy: The Waco Trials (working title) – Explores the wide-ranging fallout succeeding the tragic events that took place in Waco, TX, and the uneven scales of justice the surviving Branch Davidians faced.
- Black Wall Street – This compelling television event series will tell the story of Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Greenwood district which at one time was the wealthiest Black community in the United States and known as “Black Wall Street.”
- George & Tammy – Chronicles country music’s king and queen, George Jones and Tammy Wynette, whose rocky relationship inspired some of the most iconic country music of all time.
Returning Paramount Network series and miniseries:
New Paramount+ Series:
- 1883: The Bass Reeves Story – An epic limited series that will bring the legendary lawman of the wild west, Bass Reeves, to life. Known as the greatest frontier hero in American history, and also believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger. Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded.
- 1932 (working title)– The story will explore the early twentieth century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of prohibition and the great depression all plague the mountain west, and the Duttons who call it home.
- Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (film) – In perhaps the dumbest space movie ever made, Beavis and Butt-Head are sentenced to Space Camp by a “creative” judge in 1998. Their obsession with a docking simulator (huh huh) leads to a trip on the Space Shuttle, with predictably disastrous results. After going through a black hole, they reemerge in our time, where they look for love, misuse iPhones and are hunted by the Deep State. Spoiler: They don’t score.
- Beavis and Butt-Head (series) – Beavis and Butt-Head are back and stupider than ever.
- Inside Amy Schumer – The Peabody, Emmy® and Writers Guild Award-winning franchise returns with its fifth season starring Amy Schumer, one of the entertainment industry’s leading forces as a stand-up comedian, actress, writer, producer and director.
- Land Man – Set in the proverbial boomtowns of West Texas, Land Man is a modern-day tale of fortune-seeking in the world of oil rigs. The series is an upstairs/downstairs story of roughnecks and wildcat billionaires that are fueling a boom so big it’s reshaping our climate, our economy and our geopolitics.
- Lioness – Lioness is based on a real-life CIA program and follows a marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within.
- Teen Wolf The Movie – A full moon rises in Beacon Hills and with it a terrifying evil has emerged. The wolves are howling once again, calling for the return of Banshees, Werecoyotes, Hellhounds, Kitsunes and every other shapeshifter in the night. But only a Werewolf like Scott McCall, no longer a teenager yet still an Alpha, can gather both new allies and reunite trusted friends to fight back against what could be the most powerful and deadliest enemy they’ve ever faced.
- Tulsa King – Follows New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi, just after he is released from prison after 25 years and unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a “crew” from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet.
- Wolf Pack – Based on the book series by Edo van Belkom, Wolf Pack follows a teenage boy and girl whose lives are changed forever when a California wildfire awakens a terrifying supernatural creature and drives it to attack a highway traffic jam beneath the burning hills. Wounded in the chaos, the boy and girl are inexplicably drawn to each other and to two other teenagers who were adopted sixteen years earlier by a park ranger after another mysterious wildfire. As the full moon rises, all four teens come together to unravel the secret that connects them – the bite and blood of a werewolf.
- All Star Shore – The first ever party competition show featuring 14 iconic reality stars from around the world and TV’s biggest series – including Jersey Shore Family Vacation, Love is Blind, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Geordie Shore, Acapulco Shore, Rio Shore, Bachelor in Paradise and more – as they come together for an epic vacation at the ultimate “Shore” house in the Canary Islands to battle it out for the grand prize and global bragging rights.
- The Challenge: World Championship (working title) – Winners from four new Challenge series (The Challenge: U.S.A., The Challenge: Argentina,The Challenge: Australia and The Challenge: U.K.) will advance to The Challenge global championship and battle for the first-ever title asThe Challenge World Champion.
- Ink Master – The hit tattoo competition makes its premiere later this year. Featuring some of the world’s top tattoo artists battling it out in permanent ink for $250,000 and the prized title of Ink Master, the competitors will test their technical skills and on-the-spot creativity in challenges unlike ever before.
Returning Paramount+ series:
- The Challenge: All Stars
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars
- Mayor of Kingstown
- Queen of the Universe
New Smithsonian Channel series:
- The Exhibit: Finding the Next Great Artist – A new series in which seven emerging artists selected from across the country compete for a once-in-a-lifetime spotlight at the Smithsonian’s Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden on the National Mall. Throughout the competition, artists will create groundbreaking modern art pieces that respond to the most important artworks and ideas of our time.
Returning Smithsonian Channel series:
- Air Disasters
- Air Warriors
- Combat Ships
- How Did They Build That?
- Ice Airport Alaska
- Mighty Cruise Ships
Returning CMT series:
- CMT Campfire Sessions Season 2
- CMT Crossroads: Black Pumas & Mickey Guyton